Welcome to the Long Beach Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service.
The Lawyer Referral Service is a non-profit public service established by the Long Beach Bar Association as a resource for qualified Long Beach lawyers.
About the Lawyer Referral Service and How It Works
The Long Beach Bar Association was established in 1917. Its Lawyer Referral Service handles thousands of calls each year from Long Beach residents seeking legal advice and representation. For many years, our friendly, knowledgeable staff has been helping local individuals and businesses connect with lawyers screened for experience in a wide range of areas of law.
What We Do
Let us help you find the lawyer who is right for you.
- We put you in touch with an attorney to schedule up to a 30-minute legal consultation upon payment of a small non-refundable $40 administrative fee. There is no fee for injury or workers’ compensation cases.
- We refer you to a licensed and insured attorney, often with decades of experience.
- Your lawyer will be an experienced professional in good standing with the State Bar of California and the Long Beach Bar Association.
- We can try to find an attorney near your home or work, and the consultation can occur in person or over the phone.
- Our panel attorneys will speak with you directly. They cannot pass you off to a paralegal or any other person, even to another attorney, for the consultation.
How It Works
- Fill out our online request form on the right side of this page or call (562) 988-1122 to talk to an interviewer about the nature of your problem.
- Our staff member will provide the information to you so that you can contact the attorney.
- You then consult with the attorney to discuss your situation and get legal advice.
- Any services past the first half hour are between you and the attorney. If you decide to hire the lawyer to whom you are referred, you should discuss at that time how much it will cost to have the attorney represent you. The fee arrangement with the attorney should be in writing.
- You are not required to hire that attorney, and the attorney can decide not to take your case.
It’s That Easy!
You pay only the referral fee (or nothing if it’s a personal injury or workman’s compensation matter) for a consultation. Any additional legal services you may require beyond the 30-minute consultation you need to discuss with the attorney.
We look forward to hearing from you.